The Royal Tunbridge Wells Dance Festival offers a Ballet Bursary Award and a Tap Bursary Award, in memory of Connie Turner. These two awards give competitors an opportunity to win two separate and valuable prizes.
Competitors in the age groups 8 - 16+ years* (inclusive) will be eligible to compete if:
- they have been placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their solo ballet / solo tap (respectively) during the week of the Festival, AND
- the dancing school they attend is within a twenty mile radius of Tunbridge Wells.
The Bursary Class will take place on the last Sunday of the Festival - competitors being required to perform their dance. The presentation will be made later that afternoon at the Cup Award Ceremony. Full details of the awards will be available within the RTWDF 2020 programme.
RTWDF PROFESSIONAL DANCE TRAINING BURSARY
This Festival is delighted to offer a professional dance training bursary designed to help fund the winning applicant in his/her pursuit of a stage career.
Previously known as the RTWDF Senior Bursary Award, we have renamed the award to better reflect its intention.
All applications must be received by the organisers by the final deadline of midday on Friday 21st February 2020.
- Applicants must be aged 15 or over as at 1st January 2020 and must provide evidence that they have either
- been offered a place for the forthcoming academic year to undertake a full-time dance education
- be already undertaking a full-time dance education.
- Applicants must have performed at least one solo discipline at the Royal Tunbridge Wells Dance Festival in at least four of the previous five years (i.e. 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019).
- Applicants will be invited to enter the Bursary Class which will consist of two solos of different dance disciplines, one of which must be classical (as defined at RTWDF General Rule 4 - please see syllabus). Each dance should be two minutes long (two and a half minutes for a song & dance or character).
- The Award will be given at the Committee's discretion. The Committee reserves the right not to give the Award if a deserving applicant is not found.
- The Award will be handed to winning applicants on sight of a letter of acceptance or proof of attendance on a full-time programme from the appropriate training establishment.
*please note competitors can only take part in one of our three Bursary classes
*any competitor who wins a bursary will be ineligible to enter the same bursary class again
Click here for a Bursary Application Form for 2020