Welcome to the Royal Tunbridge Wells Dance Festival - we are looking forward to February 2020 where our competitors can, yet again, showcase their talent and compete against each other in a friendly and supportive environment.
Our next Festival will take place from 15th - 23rd February 2020 at the Assembly Hall in Tunbridge Wells.
As always we rely upon a willing army of volunteers to help with the smooth running of the week (front of house and backstage)
so if you would like to offer your help, do please contact us by calling Jane on 07803 001067.
We have an online registration system whereby teachers and private entrants are able to register and check entries via this website.
The registration site will be made available on 1st October 2019 and the closing date for entries will be midnight 31st October 2019. Please note that, in the event of over subscription, the site may close early.
Please note the following:
- the 2020 Syllabus will be made available in the summer 2019;
- the age of competitors for our Festival 2020 will be determined by their age as at 1st September 2019;
- entrants aged 13 years or over may enter a maximum of any two of the three modern solo disciplines: modern; lyrical modern; contemporary
- the contemporary discipline can be selected for duets/trios/quartets;
- schools may enter a maximum of three groups/troupes in any one section;
- there are specific requirements about child performance licencing which apply to festival entrants –
click here for guidance document.
Please ensure that you are aware of your responsibilities;
- RTWDF will be registered for a Body of Person Approval (BOPA) and Kent County Council will be checking to ensure that all children are appropriately licenced for performances.
- During the Festival week, the RTWDF Committee reserves the right to start any class up to half an hour earlier than advertised in its programme
We are very much looking forward to another exciting Festival and wish our competitors the very best of luck.